Northern Connecticut Girls' Softball League
LOCATIONS OF PLAYING FIELDS
- ASHFORD / Ashford Memorial Park (AMP): Take I-84 East to Exit 69. Turn right at end of ramp onto Rt.74 East. At end of Rt.74 East, turn left onto Rt.44 East and then take first right onto Pompey Road. Take first left (still Pompey Road), go straight through first stop sign and then take first right to Memorial Park. Softball field is at end of dirt road.
Ashford School (AS)(440 Westford Road / Rt.89)
- CANTON / Canton High School (CHS): Take Rt.44 West into Canton. Turn left onto East Hill Road. Continue past the Mills Pond Recreation Area and turn right at the end of the road onto Symonds Avenue. The field is on the right directly opposite Bowdoin Field on the entrance driveway to Canton High School.
Dyer Field (DF): Follow Rt.44 West to Dowd Avenue at Canton Town Green. Bear left onto Dowd Avenue to Allen Place. Turn right onto Allen Place and follow to end. Dyer Field is on Dyer Avenue where it crosses Allen Place.
- COVENTRY / Coventry High School (78 Ripley Hill Road)(below): Take I-84 to I-384 East and continue until I-384 becomes Rt.44 East. Stay on Rt.44 East for 4.2 miles and turn right onto Rt.31 (Main Street) in Coventry. Continue 3.2 miles and turn left onto Ripley Hill Road. Coventry High School is 1/10 mile up (78 Ripley Hill Road). May be accessed from the north by using Rt.31 South from Vernon/Tolland as it intersects Rt.30.
Captain Nathan Hale Middle School (1776 Main St/Rte 31, Coventry): FROM HARTFORD Take I-84 East to I-384 East. Proceed on I-384 East to the end of the expressway. Bear left to get onto Rt. 44 East. Stay on Rt. 44 East, going 7 miles to Rt. 31 South (1 mile past Rt. 31 North). Capt. Nathan Hale Middle School (tan brick building) is 3.6 miles from Rt. 44 on your left.
- DAUNTLESS / Rowley Field (RF)(50 Rowley St.) From Rte 44 heading West: Just before Winsted center, take left at Dairy Queen onto Rowley St. Field is on left, turn after the field and playground at intersection of Rowley and Willow Streets. Additional parking at gravel drive off Rowley St. in left field, closer to DQ
- EAST HARTFORD / McAuliffe Park (MP)(below): From South Windsor and Rt.291, travel south on Rt.5 for 1.6 miles to McKee Street on left at the 6th light from the Rt.5 & 291 interchange. Turn left onto McKee Street and then left at end of street, field is on right and parking on left. From intersection of Connecticut Blvd. and Rt.5, north on Rt.5 (Main Street) 1.1 miles to McKee Street on right.
East Hartford Middle School (EHMS): Take Exit 60 off I-84. Take Rt.44 West (Middle Turnpike/Burnside Avenue) off exit ramp for approx. 2 miles and turn left onto Scotland Road. Take first left into school parking lot.
Labor Field (LF)(20 Woodlawn Circle): Take Exit 60 off I-84 and go west on Middle Turnpike/Burnside Avenue/Rt.44 for approximately one mile. Turn left onto Walnut Street and then first right onto Woodlawn Circle. Park is on the right.
Woodland School (WS): From Main Street (Rt.5), East Hartford, turn onto Burnside Avenue (Rt.44). Travel .35 miles and turn left at light onto Tolland Street. Follow for about 2.2 miles and turn right onto Long Hill Road and then an immediate left into the Woodland School parking lot. Playing fields are in the back.
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club Fields (PWAC)(560 Silver Lane): Take I-84 Exit 58 (Roberts Street/Silver Lane). See sign for Rentschler Field. Turn left onto Silver Lane and follow to field complex entrance on left.
Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club Fields Map
- EAST WINDSOR / East Windsor High School (EWHS)(76 South Main Street) (below): Located on Rt.5 opposite Trombley Road, 2 miles south of the intersection of Rts. 5 and 140 (Sophia's Plaza/I-91 Exit 45).
East Windsor Middle School (EWMS): Take I-91 Exit 45 (Rt.140 Warehouse Point/Ellington) and proceed east on Rt.140 for approx. 4 miles. At the top of the hill, turn right at the traffic light onto Rt.191 (Main Street). School is on right 1/3 mile from the light.
Osborn Park (OP): Take I-91 Exit 45 (Rt.140 Warehouse Point/Ellington) and proceed west on Rt.140 for approx. one mile. Turn left at light onto South Water Street (last left before crossing Connecticut River). Osborn Park is about 1/2 mile down on left.
- ELLINGTON / Ellington High School (EHS)(37 Maple Street)(below): Located on Rt.140 about 1/2 mile west of the intersection of Rts. 83 and 140. Field is located at left rear of school beyond running track.
Brookside Park (BP)(below): Located on Rt.140 about 2 miles west of the intersection of Rts. 83 and 140. Backstop of field is at the rear of the parking lot.
ENFIELD /Fermi High School (FHS)(below): Take I-91 North to Exit 47E. Follow Rt.190 East 2.5 miles to Hazardville Center. Turn left at traffic light onto Maple Street (Rt.192 North). School is approximately one mile on right. Field is on right side of school.
Whitt Acres Memorial Park (WA)(34 Laurie Drive)(below): Follow Rt.5 north to Brainard Road (North Thompsonville fire station is on corner). Turn right at light onto Brainard Road. Turn left at stop sign onto Washington Road. Take first left (Till Street), then first right (Robbin Road) and then first left (Laurie Drive). Field is on right.
Eli Whitney School (EWS)(94 Middle Road): Follow Rt.5 north past Felician Sisters Convent. Turn right at traffic light onto South Road. Follow South Road approx. two miles and turn left onto Olmstead Road and then right into school driveway. Field is at rear of school. South Road also intersects Rt.190 West in Hazardville on left just after Galaxy Plaza.
Enfield High School (EHS)(1264 Enfield Street): From I-91, take Exit 47 West to Rt.5 (Enfield Street). Turn left onto Rt.5 and continue one mile to Enfield High School on right. Fields are located behind school.
Brainard Park (BP)(opposite 110 Brainard Road): Follow Rt.5 north to Brainard Road (North Thompsonville fire station is on corner). Turn right at light onto Brainard Road. About 3/4 mile down on left is first entrance to park (Field #1). Second entrance is Field #2. May also be accessed by taking Exit 49 off I-91 North. Turn left off ramp and follow Rt.5 south (Enfield Street) for approximately one mile to traffic light with fire station on left. Turn left at light onto Brainard Road.
Mount Carmel Field (MCF): Take I-91 North to Exit 48 (Rt.220). Turn left off exit and then take second right (Summer Street). At stop sign, turn right onto Park Avenue. Field is straight ahead. From west of Enfield, take Rt.190 East to Rt.5 North. Continue on Rt.5 North past Rt.220 and take next right (Park Avenue). Continue to end of street to Mount Carmel.
A.D.Higgins School (ADH)(820 Enfield Street): Take Exit 48 off I-91 North. Turn left off ramp onto Elm Street (Rt.220 West). Continue straight through Rt.5 intersection onto North Main Street for approx. 1/2 mile. Turn right onto Town Hall Access. Field is on left behind school building. Also can be accessed by continuing past Enfield High School on Rt.5 North for 1-2 miles and turning left at traffic light onto North Main Street.
- GLASTONBURY / Glastonbury High School (GHS)(330 Hubbard Street): From I-84 and I-91, take Rt.2 East to Exit 7 (left lane exit - Rt.17). Follow Rt.17 for 1.1 miles to the Hubbard Street exit (second right). Turn left onto Hubbard to stop sign. Go straight and then take first or second right into high school. Fields are behind the school.
Addison Park (AP)(400 Addison Road): From I-84 and I-91, take Rt.2 East to Exit 8 (Hebron Ave.-Rt.94). Turn left at end of ramp onto Hebron Avenue, heading east. At fourth set of lights, turn left onto Eastern Boulevard and continue to end. Turn left at stop sign onto Addison Road and continue to end. Turn right at stop sign, continuing on Addison Road for about 1/4 mile to stop sign. Entrance to Addison Park is on left. Field is known as "Addison 2" and is located to the right of the park entrance. It is not the field closest to the parking lot, but is beyond the outfield of the closest field.
Academy School (AS)(2155 Main Street): From Rt.2 East, take Exit 7 (Hebron Avenue) and turn right off the ramp onto Hebron Avenue. Continue through several lights (about 1/2 mile) until Hebron Avenue ends at the intersection with Main Street. Turn left onto Main Street and continue for about 1/2 mile to Town Hall/Academy School on the right. The field is located behind the buildings.
Hebron Avenue Elementary School (HAES)(1363 Hebron Avenue).
- GRANBY / Salmon Brook Park (SBP)(215 Salmon Brook Street)(below): Take Exit 40 off I-91 and follow connector to Rt.20 West. Continue on Rt.20 West approx. 5-6 miles to the center of Granby. Turn left onto Rt.10. Entrance to the park is on the right about 1/2 mile south of the intersection of Rts. 10, 202 and 20.
Granby High School (GHS)(52 North Granby Road): Take Exit 40 off I-91 and follow connector to Rt.20 West. Continue on Rt.20 West approx. 5-6 miles to the center of Granby. Stay on Rt.20 through the intersection with Rts. 10 and 202 for 1/4 mile and bear right onto Rt.189 North. Entrance to the school is about 1/4 mile on right. Field is on the left after the track.
East Granby High School (EGHS)(95 South Main Street): Take Exit 40 of I-91 and follow connector to Rt.20 West. Continue on Rt.20 West approx. 2-3 miles to the center of East Granby. Turn left onto South Main Street (Rt.187). The entrance to the school is approx. 1 mile up on the left. Field is located under the hill behind the HS soccer field.
- HEBRON / Veterans Memorial Park (VMP)(Wall St, Hebron): Take I-84 to I-384 East. Exit in Bolton (Bolton Exit #4). Turn left off exit ramp and then turn right at first light onto Rt.354 (Camp Meeting Rd). Rt.354 merges into Rt.85. When Rts. 85 and 94 intersect, turn left and continue on Rt.85 to the junction of Rts. 85 and 66. Turn left at the light onto Rt.66. At the next light, turn left onto Rt. 316. The park is 1/4 mile on right and the field is on the left side of the parking lot.
West Road Field (175 West Road, Marlborough): Route 2 east to Exit 12 (West Rd); Make left onto West Rd and follow for 4 miles. Fields are on the left just before the intersection with Jones Hollow Rd.
R.H.A.M. High School (RHAM): From Rt.2: Take Exit 13 (Rt.66), turn to head towards Willimantic/Hebron. Follow Rt.66 to the stop light at the Rt.66/Rt.85 intersection and go straight through the light. Turn left at the light onto Wall Street (Rt.316). R.H.A.M. is 1/4 mile down on the left. From I-384 East: Take Exit 5 (Rt.85) for Bolton and turn right at the end of the exit ramp. Follow Rt.85 to the center of Hebron and turn left at the stop light at the Rt.85/Rt.66 intersection. Turn left at the next light onto Wall Street (Rt.316). R.H.A.M. is 1/4 mile down on the left.
- MANCHESTER Pratt & Whitney Aircraft Club Fields(560 Silver Lane) Diamond #5 (first field on the left next to Silver Lane)NOTE: if the gates are locked, circle around to the back street, Clement Rd, next to the facilities building and enter there
Take I-84 Exit 58 (Roberts Street/Silver Lane)See sign for Rentschler Field. Turn left onto Silver Lane and follow to field complex entrance on left.
Manchester High School (MHS)(134 Middle Turnpike East): Take Exit 60 off I-84 East. Turn right off ramp onto Middle Turnpike West (from I-84 West, turn left off ramp and cross over I-84). Bear right at third set of traffic lights, continuing on Middle Turnpike West for about two miles as it transitions to Middle Turnpike East after crossing Main Street. School is on right. Enter parking lot from Brookfield Street. Field is on far side of running track.
Charter Oak Park (COP)(below): From I-84, take I-384E to Exit #3 (Rt.83/Downtown Manchester/Glastonbury). Bear right at the fork in the ramp and merge onto South Main Street. Turn right onto Charter Oak Street (Rt.534). Continue past I-384W entrance and turn right at traffic light into the park. Two softball fields, Charter Oak #1 and #2, are on the right.
New State Road Park (NSR): From I-84 West, take Exit 62 and turn right off ramp onto Pleasant Valley Road. Turn right at first light onto Buckland Street. Continue straight through five traffic lights onto Adams Street. Pass under railroad bridge and take first right onto New State Road. Park is about 1/4 mile down on left. From I-84 East, take Exit 62 and turn right off ramp onto Buckland Street. Continue straight through two traffic lights onto Adams Street. Pass under railroad bridge and take first right onto New State Road. Park is about 1/4 mile down on left.
- MANSFIELD / E.O.Smith High School: Take Exit 68 off I-84 and follow Rt.195 South through the UConn campus. School is about 1/4 mile on right after the traffic light with the pond on right. Field is at rear of school.
- MARLBOROUGH / West Road Field: Take Exit 12 off Rt.2 and turn left at end of ramp onto West Road. Fields are on left about 4 miles from Exit 12.
- NEWINGTON / Clem Lemire Sports Complex (Volunteer Field, Memorial Field Legends Field) 145 New Britain Avenue.
From the East: Take I-84 West to Routes 5 & 15 South. Stay on routes 5 & 15 to the fifth traffic light. At that light (Main St) take a right. Follow to the next traffic light and take a left onto New Britain Ave. The entrance to the field will be on your left.
From the West: Take I-84 East to Route 72 East. Take the Main St. New Britain exit off of route 72. At the end of the exit ramp take a left. At the next light take a right. Follow to end. Take a right at light (East St.) and quick left at next light immediately (Newington Ave). Newington Ave becomes New Britain Ave. Follow to end. At the light turn left onto Willard Ave. At next light turn right back onto New Britain Ave. The entrance to the field will be on your right
From the North: Take Route 9 South to the Ella Grasso Route 175 exit. At the end of the ramp, turn left. At next light, take a right onto Fenn Rd. At the second light take a left onto Rt 175 Cedar St. Follow to Route 173 (Willard Ave) and turn right onto Willard. Go to the second light and take a left onto New Britain Ave. The entrance to the field will be on your right.
From the South: Take Route 5 & 15 North. Follow until you see Staples/Wal-Mart Plaza on your right. At the 2nd light past the plaza take a left onto Main St (light at Bertucci's). At the next light take a left onto New Britain Ave. The entrance to the field will be on your left.
Newington High School: 605 Willard Avenue
- ROCKY HILL / Vicino Field - 376 Elm Street, Rocky Hill: Route 91 exit 24 (Silas Deane Highway - Route 99). Take Silas Deane Highway South (right turn on 99 if travelling South on 91, left turn on 99 if travelling North on 91). Take route 99 for about 1 1/2 mile. Take a right on Elm Street (Whole Donut on corner). Go about 1/2 mile. Park is on the left. Elm Ridge Park contains the main baseball/softball field for major league baseball & softball. Vicino Field is the field further from the park entrance on the right as you enter the park.
- SIMSBURY / Simsbury High School (SHS): Take Exit 40 off I-91. Follow Rt.20 West to Granby. Turn left onto Rt.10 South to Simsbury. Turn right onto Farms Village Road (Rt.309). Simsbury High School is on right; field is behind school. Also may be reached by taking I-291 West to Rt.218 West (Cottage Grove Road). Turn right onto Rt.185 West (Simsbury Road) and then right onto Rt.10 North. Turn left onto Farms Village Road (Rt.309).
Memorial Park (MP): Take Exit 40 off I-91. Follow Rt.20 West to Granby. Turn left onto Rt.10 South to Simsbury. Turn right onto Plank Hill Road (first right after Andy's Supermarket). Pass the cemetery, entrance to Memorial Park is on right. Once in park, turn right and go up hill. Fastpitch field is the far field on the left (field #6). Also may be reached by taking I-291 West to Rt.218 West (Cottage Grove Road). Turn right onto Rt.185 West (Simsbury Road) and then right onto Rt.10 North. Turn left onto Plank Hill Road (first left after Vincent's Sports Shop).
- SOMERS / Field Road Park (96 Field Road)(below): From Rt.190 in Somers Center, take Rt.83 south for approx. 1/2 mile. Turn right onto Field Road. Park is about 1/2 mile down on right. Use lower parking lot; field is beyond tennis courts.
- SOUTH WINDSOR / Ayers Road (AR)(below): Follow Rt.194 (Sullivan Avenue) east from Rt.5 for approx. 1 1/2 miles. Just after shopping plazas, turn left onto Ayers Road. Field is on left across from South Windsor High School.
Timothy Edwards School (TE)(350 Foster Street): Take Exit 63 off I-84E. Turn right at end of ramp onto Tolland Turnpike (Rt.30 west). Stay on Rt.30 as it changes to Deming Street and then Oakland Street. At 4th light, turn right onto Foster Street. Orchard Hill School will be at top of hill on right. Park at OH School. Timothy Edwards field is 2nd field on top of hill. May also be reached by taking Rt.74 to Beelzebub Road. Take first right onto Foster Street. Orchard Hill School will be on left.
- STAFFORD / Birch Grove Elementary School (NOTE: field location is in the town of Tolland -> 247 Rhodes Road, Tolland): Take I-84 East to Exit 68 and turn right off exit ramp onto Rt.195 (Merrow Road). At second traffic light, turn left onto Rhodes Road. At second stop sign, turn left into Birch Grove School.
Hyde Park: Follow Rt.190 East to the center of Stafford Springs. Turn right onto Spring Street and then right onto Highland Terrace. Stafford Human Services will be on the left. Turn right onto Hyde Park Road. Field is on right.
Stafford High School (SHS)(145 Orcuttville Road/Rt.319): Take Exit 47 off I-91 and follow Rt.190 East toward Stafford for approx. 13 miles. Turn left onto Orcuttville Road (Rt.319) for 1.5 miles.
Olympic Field (OF): Follow Rt.190 East into Stafford past intersection with Rt.32 for 1/8 mile. Turn left onto Olympic Avenue.
- SUFFIELD / Suffield High School (SHS)(1060 Sheldon Street, West Suffield)(below): Follow Rt.75 North to Suffield Center. Turn left at light onto Rt.168 (Mountain Road). Follow Mountain Road for about 1.75 miles and turn left onto Sheldon Street. High school is about one mile down on right.
Bruce Park (BP)(954 Mountain Street, West Suffield): Follow Rt.75 North to Suffield Center. Turn left at light onto Rt.168 (Mountain Road). Park entrance is about 2 miles down on left between police station and Spaulding Elementary School. May also be reached by taking Rt.190 West across Enfield/Suffield bridge and turning left onto Rt.159 South. Turn right at light onto Thrall Road and right at stop sign onto Bridge Street. Turn right at light onto Rt.75 and then left onto Rt.168 (Mountain Road).
Suffield Academy (SA)(185 North Main Street): Follow Rt.75 North to Suffield Center. Turn left at light onto Rt.168 (Mountain Road). Approximately 1/4 mile down at blinking light, turn right into Suffield Academy parking lot. The field is visible from the lot.
- TOLLAND / Birch Grove Primary School (247 Rhodes Road): Take I-84 East to Exit 68 and turn right off exit ramp onto Rt.195 (Merrow Road). At second traffic light, turn left onto Rhodes Road. At second stop sign, turn left into Birch Grove School.
(Old) Tolland High School (THS)(below): Take I-84 East to Exit 68. Turn left off exit ramp onto Merrow Road (Rt.195). Follow Rt.195 for 0.6 miles and turn right onto Old Post Road. At stop sign, continue straight as Old Post Road becomes Rt.74. Follow Rt.74 for 0.7 miles and turn right onto Old Cathole Road and then right onto Eagle Hill Drive. Field is on right at end of driveway.
Crandall Field (CF): Take I-84 East to Exit 68. Turn left off exit ramp onto Merrow Road (RT.195). Follow Rt.195 for 0.25 miles and turn left onto Cider Mill Road Connector. At the stop sign, turn left onto Cider Mill Road. Take next right into Crandall Park. Field with lights is at the back right of the parking lot.
Parker Elementary School (PES): Take I-84 East to Exit 68 and turn left at end of ramp. At second light, turn left onto Old Post Road. Parker is 1/4 mile on right behind Tolland Middle School.
- VERNON / Vernon Center Middle School (VCMS)(777 Hartford Turnpike): Take Rt.83 South to Rockville. Continue straight through intersection of Rts.74 and 83 onto West Street. School is about 1 1/2 to 2 miles down on left just after Garden Barn. Also can be reached by taking Exit 66 off I-84. Follow signs to Rt.30. Turn right at light onto Rt.30 and then bear left onto West Street just after police station. School is on right. The primary field is Volunteer North Field, which is up the hill away from the school. Proceed up the gravel driveway to the top of the hill near the community gardens. The secondary field is VCMS lower field (pictured below), which is adjacent to the school driveway.
See Field Map
Rockville High School (RHS): Take I-84 East to Exit 64. Follow Rt.83 north for 1.8 miles and turn right at light onto Loveland Hill Road. High school is on right at crest of hill. Varsity field is to the right of school and JV field is to the left of school beyond running track. Can also be accessed by taking Old Town Road opposite Serafin Ford on Rt.83 Vernon. Rockville High will be on left.
- WEST HARTFORD / Sterling Field (SF)(below): Take Exit 45 (left exit) off I-84. Turn right at end of ramp onto Flatbush Avenue. Continue straight through two traffic lights, crossing New Park and Oakwood Avenues. Charter Oak School will be on the right, Home Depot on the left. The fields are just past the school. Parking is on the streets around the fields.
Hall High School (HHS): From I-84, merge onto I-291 West towards Windsor for 5.9 miles. Take Exit 1, Rt.218 West toward Bloomfield for 1/2 mile. Turn left on Rt.218 West (Putnam Highway) for 5.3 miles. Hall High School will be on right (975 N.Main Street). Fields are behind the school to the right.
UConn Field Complex (UFC): (Corner of Trout Brook Drive & Asylum Ave.) Take Exit 43 (Park Avenue) off I-84. Turn right off exit onto Park Avenue. Take immediate left at traffic light onto Trout Brook Drive for 1.8 miles. At fifth traffic light, turn right into the UConn complex parking lot B. Cross wooden bridge on right and go to furthest field on right.
Norfeldt Field: Field is on the corner of Troutbrook and Boulevard in West Hartford. Take the Park Road exit from 84, turn right onto Park and then a quick left onto Troutbrook. The first light it Boulevard. The field is on the left.
- WILLINGTON / Hall Memorial School (HMS)(111 River Road): Take Exit 70 off I-84. Follow Rt.32 (River Road) south for 3 miles. School will be on right; field and parking is at rear of school.
- WINDSOR / Welch Park (adjacent to 16 Niles Road)(below): Take Exit 40 (Rt.20 West/Bradley Int'l Airport) off I-91. Exit to Rt.75 off Rt.20 West. Turn left off exit and follow Rt.75 South for one mile. Entrance to fields is on right at traffic light across from River Street. Field #1 is first field on right behind town pool. Park at pool or take gravel drive to parking area at field.
John F. Kennedy School (JFK)(530 Park Avenue): Exit 36 off I-91 to Park Avenue.
Windsor High School (WHS)(50 Sage Park Road): Take Exit 36 off I-91 North. Turn right off exit ramp and go approx. 1/2 mile, then turn left onto Sage Park Road. At first stop sign, high school is on right. Softball fields are behind the baseball field. From I-91 South, take Exit 36 and turn left off exit ramp.
- WINDSOR LOCKS / Reed Park (65 Deborah Ave - Windsor Locks)
- XTREME / Rivers Edge Softball Field, Barkhamsted/Riverton (RESF)(100 yards north of 361/362 West River Road): Take Exit 40 off I-91. Follow Rt.20 West through Granby. Turn left onto Rt.219 (Barkhamsted Road) and then left onto Rts.179/219 (East Hartland Road). Turn right onto Rt.318 (Saville Dam Road) for 1.7 miles, then left onto Rts.181/318 for 0.7 miles, then right onto West River Road (Pleasant Valley General Store & 4-way stop) for 3.5 miles. Field complex is on right with parking just past the complex.
Return to Home Page